How to care for a Vanda orchid?
The following care tips, which will be included with your order, will help your recipient enjoy this orchid for as long as possible:
- Light: With insufficient light, your Vanda will not flower. In the winter, a sunny spot is indispensable. From April to September, soften the direct rays from the sun with some light shading (around 50%).
- Watering: Leave the roots to soak in water for 15 to 30 minutes. Empty out the water and let the roots drain (they should be green after watering); avoid especially leaving them in water. Do this once or twice a week.
- Fertilisation: Of all the orchid varieties, Vandas require the most fertilizer. In optimal conditions, they should be fed every week. In the winter period, the dose should be lowered and the frequency reduced to once every 2 weeks.
- Temperature: Between 15 and 25 °C.
- Outside: You can put your Vanda outside in your garden or on your balcony between June and September, if the night-time temperature does not fall below 15° C, as this will encourage flowering.